Community Leadership Team (CLT) Volunteers
CLTs direct and coordinate the work of the Community Service Team
The Community Leadership Team (CLT) group is a place for CLTs to find and share information.
A CLT works in partnership with other members of the leadership team, directs the work of the Community Service Team and coordinates the work of the Girl Scout Community, promotes awareness and growth of Girl Scouting within specific geographic boundaries; embraces the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) and ensures that the GSLE is incorporated in Community ways of work.
Communities have the primary purpose of recruiting and retaining girls and adults in troops. The Community Service Team, including CLTs, will support the adults working with girls in troops with mentoring, product sales support, communication, networking and meeting strategies. Girls enjoy events planned and implemented by their Community.
Although CLTs have many staff members from different GSSJC departments who help them to support their Communities, they work particularly closely with their Volunteer Experience Manager (VEM) and their Community Engagement Manager (CEM) who provide staff support and advice in assigned functions for membership development and implementation of direct services to girls and adults.
As you partner side by side with your CEM and VEM, the goal is to work together seamlessly to support the members in your Community. Always include your staff partners in your Community planning, add them to your communications, share your meeting calendar and understand that they are there to help support your Community. Together you can do great things!
CLTs are appointed and supported by their volunteer Community Coordinator from the Volunteer Experience Department
Role of Council-Wide Community Coordinator
- Appoints and mentors Community Leadership Team upon recommendation of Community Referral Committee
- Approves the “A” list of money earning activities for Communities
- Provides agendas for regularly scheduled Community Summits
- Advocates on behalf of CLT in the Volunteer Experience department
- Holds affinity meetings, webinars and retreats for information and sharing
- Supports CLTs with issues and problem solving
- A resource for all Community functions